Share |

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Last Train

After Senior Promenade I managed to catch the last train back home, and with barely any people on the train I decided to take a few shots (nevertheless still attracting weird stares). This, I believe, was the Kawasaki C151, the first and oldest train sets on Singapore's MRT system, but was refurbished about five years ago.

This train ride and hence the set of photos is filled with symbolism. Like how it's the last train service of the day, it marks the end of my six years of secondary education as the last journey home from a school event relevant to me. It may also symbolize my life in Singapore coming to an end, though this is of course still a big unknown right now. Lastly, it's a significant milestone for my beloved D5000.

As expected, I shot this entirely on my 35 mm, which again isn't ideal in a location where you don't have space to move around too much.

35 mm DX, 1/200, f/2.2, ISO 800.

35 mm DX, 1/200, f/2.2, ISO 800.

35 mm DX, 1/100, f/1.8, ISO 500.

35 mm DX, 1/2.5, f/18, ISO 500.

35 mm DX, 1/80, f/3.5, ISO 800.

35 mm DX, 1/200, f/1.8, ISO 800.

With this post, I shall conclude 2013. Another symbolism here, isn't it? The very last of 2013.

For me 2013 was a flash, because I endured through most of it in a blur. It was the year I realized how important shooting in RAW was, and also a year of intensive video production (2012 wasn't slack either). And then it was stagnation, as I focused on exams. So yup, fruitful in a way.

I hope 2014 brings more possibilities and opportunities, and that I get to explore a lot a lot more. I have a pretty long to-do list already, from videos to music and all those stuff. So I don't think I'll be bored while waiting for university.

Happy 2014, and may the new year bring more beautiful moments :)

No comments:

Post a Comment