Share |

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Photo of the Week 2014: #6 One Raffles Place

No doubt it's been ages since I last posted a photo proper...

Today I share a very random shot I grabbed while wandering around Raffles Place after some school activity.

11 mm DX, 1/80, f/2.8, ISO 1600.
This is the entrance to One Raffles Place, one of the newer and more prominent office buildings in the area.

I took this photograph in the early evening. There were no clouds which made the sky look rather empty, but clouds could have been distracting as well. The effect of this photograph is mainly to show how lights stand out at night, and how they also give architecture an interesting texture. Quite unfortunately the trees, like anywhere in Singapore, were rather overwhelming, and thanks to a CCTV pole I had to crop out the bottom strip of the photograph. But I thought the angle and the texture looks cool nonetheless, together with the LED typography. Really fun (but also annoying) to play with all the lights available in this area at night.

It will probably will make a good and appropriate cover photograph for this place - I really get the commercial feels from this shot. Perhaps I need to do a bit more cropping at the sides, to remove the redundant structures.

The CBD area has a lot to explore; will share more next time, when I get the chance to visit the place and do a shoot proper, with tripods and everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment